Mavence is the global executive search & talent solutions partner specializing in public affairs. We are looking for an experienced, freelance EU Public Affairs expert to join our multinational team of Mavens on a part-time basis as a member of our EU practice in Brussels.
Our approach is defined by credibility: our expert consultants all come from the Public Affairs field and maintain active clients, campaigns, and projects in addition to their recruitment portfolios. With robust and multifaceted engagement as our norm, we create a uniquely plugged-in ecosystem for search projects and a truly peer-to-peer model of insight, access, and responsiveness, for Public Affairs professionals, by Public Affairs professionals.
As a Senior Advisor within our team, you can expect to act as a trusted consultant and sparring partner for clients and candidates, responsible for guiding or managing every step of the recruitment search, evaluation, and hiring process alongside our seasoned team.
We also offer tailored support and training for our advisors and consultants to help them thrive as recruiters and talent scouts, from interview techniques, the recruitment process, candidate- and client-management, and more.
As part of the team, you can expect to:
- Identify the HR needs of our clients from a cross-section of Public Affairs organisations (associations, companies, firms, NGOs, think tanks, etc.)
- Identify and approach specific talents meeting tailored profiles and reflecting client needs
- Evaluate the suitability and motivation of talents
- Select candidates for our clients and support both parties through the recruitment process
- Manage offers and negotiate directly with our clients and candidates
- Follow up post-engagement to ensure the quality and smooth running of the engagement once the candidate is in place
- Excellent knowledge of the public affairs environment and operational knowledge of the legislative and political influence process
- A well-developed network within the EU Public Affairs sector
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- An autonomous and self-starter attitude, with the ability to manage accounts and deal with the unexpected
- Appreciation for a good challenge, and a strong dose of resilience
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to be part of a booming company with dedicated, passionate, and dynamic people
- A place within a fun and personal team
- A unique complement to your Public Affairs experience, leveraging your expertise from a different perspective of the sector
- Seasoned and diverse colleagues to exchange with and learn from in the talent hunting business.