Mavence is the global executive search & talent solutions partner specializing in public affairs. We are looking for a motivated EU Public Affairs professional interested in recruitment and talent management to join our multinational team of Mavens as a Consultant within our EU practice in Brussels.
Our approach is defined by credibility: our expert consultants all come from the Public Affairs field, and some maintain active clients, campaigns, and projects in addition to their recruitment portfolios. With robust and multifaceted engagement as our norm, we create a uniquely plugged-in ecosystem for search projects and a truly peer-to-peer model of insight, access, and responsiveness, for Public Affairs professionals, by Public Affairs professionals.
As a Consultant within our team, you can expect to act as a trusted advisor and sparring partner for clients and candidates, responsible for guiding or managing every step of the recruitment search, evaluation, and hiring process alongside our seasoned team, including:
- Discussing and clarifying the HR needs of our clients from a cross-section of Public Affairs organisations (associations, companies, law firms, NGOs, think tanks, etc.)
- Identifying and approaching potential candidates with a professional profile meeting a defined set of criteria and reflecting client needs
- Evaluating the suitability and motivation of individual candidates
- Selecting candidates for our clients and supporting both parties through the recruitment process
- Supporting offer-stage negotiations between our clients and candidates
- Following up post-placement to ensure the quality and smooth running of the working relationship once the candidate is in place
- Excellent knowledge of the public affairs environment and operational knowledge of the legislative and political influence process
- Interest in talent management and recruitment processes
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- An autonomous and self-starter attitude, with the ability to manage accounts and deal with the unexpected
- Appreciation for a good challenge, and a strong dose of resilience
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to be part of a booming company with dedicated, passionate, and dynamic people
- A place within a fun and personal team
- A unique complement to your Public Affairs experience, leveraging your expertise from a different perspective of the sector
- Seasoned and diverse colleagues to exchange with and learn from in the talent hunting business.
Mavens of many backgrounds
At Mavence, our mission is to deliver the best talent in public affairs. Inclusion is a core element of that mission, reflecting not just our belief that diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences strengthen the resilience, adaptability, and performance of a team, but our commitment to far-reaching and insight-driven searches that look beyond superficial metrics to find the best person for a particular job. We treat all candidates equally regardless of gender, age, ethnic origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, and political or religious beliefs.