The International Union of Wagon Keepers, UIP – is looking for a Communications and Events Assistant
The role focusses on drafting and distributing UIP communications, ensuring delivery of factual, timely, and accurate information to various stakeholder and policy groups and support the management and organisation of events and meetings. The person will work closely with the Manager of European Policies and Public Affairs and the Communication & PR Officer and should add-on to the team. The person is expected to bring in particularly creativeand hands-on skills to the implementation of communication activities.
Job description and key responsibilities
Full time position in the Secretariat of UIP in Brussels (rue Montoyer 23). Part time would be possible as well. Partial teleworking from home during the week possible. The Communications and Events Assistant will undertake work on the following tasks and topics:
- Assist in the analysis and preparation of newsletters and reports on policy and technical policy developments of relevance to the activities of UIP, its members and its Topical Committees
- Assist with the drafting and the production of communication materials (e.g. position papers, annual reports, press releases, press articles, etc. )
- Assist with the management and the maintenance of the news and events sections in social media such as LinkedIn and Twitter
- Assist in managing the website of UIP and in contributing to the content
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
Qualifications and general expectations:
- Previous professional experience, in the field of European affairs, association management, communications, event management or digital campaigning;
- Working knowledge of video editing and communications tools would be a plus (e.g. WordPress, Premiere Pro, Canva, Mailchimp, Sendinblue…);
- Familiarity with all MS Office computer programmes;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; additional languages will be an asset, German a strong plus;
- Ability to work effectively in a small team;
- Flexibility and willingness to assist as the need arises;
- Has the ability to perform responsibilities without the necessity of close supervision;
- Maintains a positive attitude and eager to learn about the world of rail freight
Interested candidates are asked to apply by sending their CV and cover letter to Sebastien Bechara at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ‘Communications and Events Assistant’ in the subject line.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible with applications to be processed on a rolling basis.