Half of the current global population is fed thanks to the use of mineral fertilizers.
Fertilizers Europe represents the interests of the European fertilizer industry. The organisation is the source of information on fertilizers and the sector’s voice in Europe. It deals with questions related to agriculture, environment, technology, safety, economy and trade, as well as supporting its members with statistics and other information.
The offices of Fertilizers Europe are located in Brussels, hosting a multi-cultural team of 13 staff members.
Reporting to the Climate/Technical Pillar Director, you will:
· Manage and coordinate activities in the areas of climate and ammonia policies together with the Director
· Communicate with EU institutions and other stakeholders
· Organise a Carbon & Climate Policies Task Force
· Develop strategies and positions in the areas of climate and ammonia
· Carry out projects in the areas of climate and ammonia
· Monitor and react on EU decisions in the areas of climate and ammonia
· Follow scientific debates on climate and ammonia issues of concerns
· Ensure involvement and recognition of the industry among stakeholders
· Management and supervision of a policy officer
· A relevant university degree, with degrees in subjects such as European Studies, Political Science, Economics, but also Engineering or Chemical degrees being considered
· Proven, established experience of working within an EU environment (EU institutions, consultancy, trade association etc.) on chemicals/sustainability/climate topics
· Experience in EU public relations/advocacy/lobbying
· Knowledge of climate discussions would be a strong asset
· An excellent network in Brussels, in particular within the European Parliament will be a differentiating asset
· Working for an industrial association assembling and representing leading companies in its field and shaping regulatory positions on behalf of a whole industry
· The perfect role to expand on both, your industrial exposure and your professional network by interacting with the association membership and with stakeholders within the EU institutions
· Becoming part of an inclusive, multicultural team with staff members from over seven countries
· The chance to grow into the role, shape it and drive it with your own, unique strengths
· A highly competitive salary package including a range of typical benefits, as well as a comprehensive health, group and disability insurance)