A Brussels-based Trade Association representing a raw material industry is looking for a Circular Economy & Recycling professional to strengthen their Sustainability department.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Manage the association’s industry’s position on the EU Circular Economy Action Plan
- Monitor and assess relevant legislative and non-legislative initiatives, identifying opportunities and threats and defining the response required.
- Ensure that all relevant dossiers are addressed, through advocacy campaigns, dedicated projects or external alliances, by directly leading or coordinating the actions of other colleagues.
- Develop consensus-based policy positions, together with the internal stakeholders, and lead the advocacy follow up.
- Coordinate internal Working Groups and Task Forces of experts.
- Develop, in close cooperation with the Sustainability Director, the long-term sustainability strategy of the sector, with an emphasis on the material’s permanent circularity.
- Manage and develop the Recycling Division the Association
- Be the account manager for the membership active in the industry’s recycling and organise and coordinate the meetings of the Recycling Division.
- Identify opportunities and threats for the recycling segment, and define related action plans involving members and colleagues.
- Translate the technical challenges of recycling into concrete policy recommendations and specific positions on European recycling topics.
- Attract new companies active in recycling to join the association.
- Other tasks
- Cooperate with the internal experts in Life Cycle Inventory (LCI) and Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) in the development of methodologies and tools relevant for the sector.
- Liaise with the Innovation Hub and Market Groups as relevant, to initiate projects aimed at improving the overall recycling performance.
- Represent the Association towards external stakeholders, e.g. participating in platforms set up by other organisations, engaging with policy makers, speaking at conferences and seminars.
- Proven experience in dealing with technical issues in the political or regulatory field.
- Be able to assess technical industry aspects and translate these into policy recommendations.
- Proven initial experience in the area of circular economy & sustainability and recycling, working for an industry sector, consultancy, or EU institution.
- Knowledge in the area of European environmental policies and Life Cycle thinking is a plus.
- Team player, able to work in a multi-stakeholder environment, fast learner and committed.
- Good communication and presentation skills, both oral and written, and ability to achieve consensus when dealing with multiple stakeholders.
- Fluent English is required, and other European languages are an asset.
Why you should apply
- Working for a leading European trade association.
- A key role with a direct impact on the Association’s Circular Economy position.
- Visibility and exposure to a wide array of files/policies.
- The opportunity to engage with stakeholders from the whole industrial value-chain.
- An international working environment.
- An attractive remuneration package (incl. several benefits) proportional to the qualifications and experience brought into the role.
- Occasional travel.