About the Association
Eurometaux (Europe’s metals association) is an industry association for the European non-ferrous metals industry, providing an interface with European authorities and international or intergovernmental bodies. The membership includes companies, European associations, and national associations for mining, refining, smelting and recycling of metals in Europe (aluminium, copper, nickel, zinc, silicon, etc).
About the position
The Chemicals Management Officer will be working with the team on a variety of topics related to the Commission’s Zero Pollution Ambition objectives, their regulatory developments and their implementation within the sector.
They will provide:
- Support to individual metal sectors, companies and national federations.
- Report to the Chemicals Management Director but also be in active communication with other Eurometaux departments on Energy and Climate Change, Trade, Sustainability, Public Affairs and Communication.
- Draft position papers, consultations responses and power point presentations and ensure their timely delivery.
- Represent the metals industry in external events before the EU institutions and other stakeholders.
Requirements for the position
- MSc in industrial engineering, biology, environmental sciences, environmental law, economics (or other relevant fields).
- Relevant work experience in a similar role in a (metal) industry environment.
- Interest and knowledge in the EU regulatory arena and chemicals-related legislation.
- Interest and experience in technical project management (set up, support and manage); a specific experience in projects aimed at addressing chemicals management issues related to the regulatory challenges affecting the metals sector is a strong asset.
- Interest in establishing and developing networks with industry environmental, safety and occupational professionals and with authorities, academics.
- Expertise in preparing technical reports to inform and stimulate members’ engagement and contributions to the regulatory developments
What Eurometaux offers
- An international working environment with a leading European trade association
- Opportunities to grow, take initiative and work with an ambitious team
- A full-time position with a competitive salary package
- Excellent team spirit
- A young, dynamic, and professional international working environment
- Multiple opportunities for development and learning
How to apply
You can apply by sending your CV and a cover letter to Sebastien Bechara at email@example.com and Hugo Tosello at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ‘CM Policy Officer – Eurometaux in the subject line.
The position is open until filled. While there is no deadline to apply, interested candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible due to assessment on a rolling basis.
Starting Date as soon as possible
Mavens of many backgrounds
At Mavence, our mission is to deliver the best talent in public affairs. Inclusion is a core element of that mission, reflecting not just our belief that diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences strengthen the resilience, adaptability, and performance of a team, but our commitment to far-reaching and insight-driven searches that look beyond superficial metrics to find the best person for a particular job. We treat all candidates equally regardless of gender, age, ethnic origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, and political or religious beliefs.