Reports to: Managing Director Brussels [with dotted-line reporting to CEO]
Starting date: ASAP
Mavence, the global executive search & recruitment firm specializing in public affairs, is looking for an ambitious business development Maven to join our growing team of experts, consultants, and talent specialists.
We are looking for an experienced business development professional who knows how to engage with diverse C-level decision-makers and is capable of navigating the intersection of Public Affairs, human resources, and management/business strategy across diverse markets, sectors, and types of organizations.
Our team is multicultural, multilingual, and multinational, and our new Business Development Executive will have the opportunity of working closely with a diverse group of experienced practitioners and seasoned professionals in both public affairs and executive search & recruitment. Reporting directly to the Managing Director for Brussels, the Business Development Executive will play a driving role in identifying, pursuing, and capturing new opportunities, as well as managing a growing portfolio of key clients and long-term relationships.
- First-hand experience in B2B sales and proactive business development, from identifying opportunities to outreach to pitching solutions;
- Excellent written and verbal English; Dutch and French considered a strong plus;
- A Master degree in a relevant subject – international relations/economics/ politics/law, or a related field is particularly desirable;
- Proven portfolio-management skills and a demonstrable track record of building and owning client relationships from the ground up;
- Strong communications/marketing skills and the ability to comfortably and confidently engage with senior decision-makers, c-suite organizational leadership, and other key principals;
- An understanding of – and appreciation for – a “personal touch” in outreach and business development, and an eagerness to pursue opportunities and prospects with a tailored approach over impersonal mass-mailings or bulk targeting tactics.
- Resilience, motivation, and a passion for identifying needs and connecting people with solutions;
- A home base in Brussels
- Interest in public affairs, EU relations and/or politics; previous experience in European public affairs will be considered a strong asset.
- Interest in executive search, talent management, and/or human resources; previous experience will be considered a strong asset.
- Experience with BD and/or CRM tools and software will be considered an asset.
- Additional languages (other than EN, FR, or NL) are always welcome!
- Join a multicultural team of professionals at the intersection of multiple disciplines
- A chance to grow into and shape a unique role with a strong sense of autonomy and ownership
- Competitive compensation relevant to seniority; open to engage someone under employee or freelance agreement
Interested candidates should send their applications (CV and cover letter) to Jason Descamps (Jason.email@example.com) and Anna Koj (Anna.firstname.lastname@example.org) Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
Please mention “Business Development Executive” in the subject line of your email when applying.