The firm is composed of food lawyers and scientists providing regulatory services in the fields of food, nutrition and cosmetics, with a strong focus on functional foods and ingredients and nutritional supplements. Over the last 15 years, the company has developed significant expertise in food labeling and advertising issues (health and nutrition claims), product registration (novel foods, food supplements, food for special medical purposes, cosmetics, etc.), and product liability (withdrawals, recalls), among others. Its regulatory practice is based on excellence, the ability to provide effective business counseling and creative solutions to our clients throughout all segments of the food chain, from concept to completion.
- Ability to deliver food law advice to clients without supervision;
- Proven, established experience of working on food law, including dealing with the legal aspects of food supplements;
- University degree in European law preferably, and/or experience in food legal and regulatory affairs;
- Proficient English and desirable good level of French, Dutch and/or Spanish;
- Attention to detail;
- Proactive attitude.
- Managing multi-jurisdictional regulatory projects, liaising with food law correspondents all over the world and quality-checking their work. Preparing unified output for the client;
- Drafting opinions on the compliance status of food, drink, and other consumer products;
- Preparing label and composition analysis and reformulation;
- Applying for regulatory clearance for use of food products across the globe;
- Advising on food labeling and advertising issues, with a special focus on the possibility of using nutrition and health claims;
- Preparing applications for authorization/substantial equivalence of novel foods, GRAS, etc.;
- Advising on questions relating to the marketing of GMOs and GMO-derived products;
- Performing legal check of labeling, composition and advertising of innovative foods;
- Advising on food product liability;
- Providing general food and drink regulation advise;
- Advising in case of product recalls and withdrawals;
- Advising on consumer protection policy including data protection, distance selling or MLM distribution;
- Advising on classification of borderline products such as medical devices, cosmetics, food supplements, medicinal products, biocidal products;
- Registering cosmetics, medical devices and other consumer goods.
- Working from home – from anywhere in the world, with all-around flexible working arrangements;
- Contribute on fast-paced, ever-changing regulatory topics for a diverse portfolio of clients from large multinationals to SMEs;
- Joining a global team of legal experts that work across continents and legislatures;
- A competitive salary package.