Nove is an advisory agency in public affairs and communication in Brussels, guiding and supporting its clients in their interactions with the EU institutions and relevant stakeholders.
The story on Nove is one of entrepreneurship and trust. The team knows that its success is contingent on the ability to distinguish themselves through the quality of their services, the ingenuity of the ideas, and the commitment to clients. This conviction that each client matters shapes Nove’s strategies and is visible in the team’s work.
NOVE is looking to recruit a bright and resourceful Associate Director as it continues to expand. The team already represents a unique mix of talents, expertise, and nationalities – now looking for an experienced public affairs professional to lead the Energy practice and help take it to the next level.
This is an ideal role for a smart, motivated individual who is passionate about public affairs and communications, wants to help grow the team, and is willing to work in a fast-paced but always collaborative environment.
The position requires initiative, creativity, attention to detail, as well as the ability to learn quickly and to adapt to various dynamics. As an Associate Director you must possess great people and communication skills, and the capacity to prioritise and work under tight deadlines.
Role and responsibilities:
As an Associate Director at NOVE, you will provide strategic advice and hands-on support to leading corporations and associations active in the Energy sector. You will lead a team of consultants and coordinate work across a broad range of client portfolio, ensuring that the services are delivered to the highest standards. You will also contribute to the development of new business opportunities.
Main responsibilities include the following:
- Actively participating in client meetings and internal account management meetings;
- Gathering intelligence and providing strategic analysis of EU policies and legislation;
- Overseeing a portfolio of projects the Energy team is working on;
- Attending external meetings, representing or assisting clients as required;
- Providing support to the more junior colleagues and ensuring final quality checks on services delivered;
- Supporting business development and marketing strategy.
Qualifications and skills:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous work experience of minimum 5 years;
- Proven experience in Public Affairs, either in-house, in an association or in a consultancy;
- Very good understanding of the EU Energy policies, key political priorities and sensitivities;
- Experience in EU Institutions is an asset;
- Proven knowledge of the EU decision-making process and stakeholder environment;
- People management experience and leadership skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Working knowledge of one or more European languages is an asset;
- Strong collaboration skills and a positive, can-do attitude;
- Proven project management experience is a requirement.
Why you should be interested in this role:
- Join a dynamically growing public affairs and communications agency and benefit from the flexible and collegial atmosphere to grow your experience in a fast-paced, high-learning curve environment
- Work on exciting projects across political strategy, public affairs and PR within the key policy areas of focus of the moment;
- Get exposure at senior levels across a strong corporate client base of Nove and help drive further business growth of the agency.
Mavens of many backgrounds
At Mavence, our mission is to deliver the best talent in public affairs. Inclusion is a core element of that mission, reflecting not just our belief that diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences strengthen the resilience, adaptability, and performance of a team, but our commitment to far-reaching and insight-driven searches that look beyond superficial metrics to find the best person for a particular job. We treat all candidates equally regardless of gender, age, ethnic origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, and political or religious beliefs.