VVA Brussels is a fast-growing market, economic, legal and policy consultancy providing top quality advice to the European institutions and private sector clients. They are truly an European company, part of a group based in Brussels and Milan with a team of professionals from different academic and national backgrounds.
The specific focus of the Economic unit within the company is on trade, competition, taxation, financial services, financial assistance and public finances. They have a high-profile, expanding project portfolio including regulatory impact and cost assessments, economic and market studies. They currently run projects and framework contracts for DG REFORM, GROW, FISMA, COMP, ECFIN, the EXPO committee at the European Parliament and other EU and international institutions.
VVA is now looking to strengthen their Economic practice with the appointment of an Associate Director who will be focusing on economic and policy studies for their main clients.
Main responsibilities include the following:
- Contribute to the company by managing top quality projects and tenders to EU institutions in core areas of business.
- Lead proposals and projects and contribute to the development and implementation of the company strategy.
- Coordinate and deliver tenders and contribution to tenders on time and to high quality, engaging comfortably in any sector/policy area and any type of project for our main clients.
- Manage autonomously complex projects, delegating and coordinating activities with the team and monitoring the effective and efficient delivery of the project whilst meeting the expectations of the clients and ensuring their satisfaction.
- Support the professional growth of more junior resources through the implementation of line management processes and coaching researchers and research managers
- Shape and manage consortia in tenders, coordinating and delivering tenders and contribution to tenders on time and to high quality, engaging comfortably in any sector/policy area and any type of project.
- Be in charge of the coordination of project partners as integral part of the management of projects and proposals.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the company strategy, as well as leading on the development and update of tools and methodologies.
All of the above implies that the candidate has a strong background and experience in:
- Policy and/or economic consultancy.
- Project and tender management experience.
- Management of project teams and coaching of more junior staff.
- Coordinating desk research campaigns and stakeholder consultations.
- Economic modelling (counterfactual impact assessments, time series analysis, panel data methods, descriptive analysis, policy evaluations, micro-economic modelling, …).
- Coordinating data analysis (qualitative and quantitative) activities.
- Report and proposal coordination, management, and development.
- Management of client relationship and delivery of project presentations.
The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial and proactive mindset and feels at ease in a dynamic company oriented to growth into the economics domain.
What VVA offers:
- Excellent opportunities for professional development with high levels of autonomy and room for growth and a very dynamic and exciting work environment.
- Strong portfolio in behavioral economics, innovative and interesting area of research
- Opportunity to develop new business opportunities with Public Institutions and private sector
You can apply by sending your CV and a Cover Letter to Sebastien Bechara at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ‘VVA – Associate Director’ in the subject line.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Starting Date as soon as possible