The European Copper Institute (ECI), as part of the International Copper Association (ICA), represents the world’s leading copper mining, smelting, refining and recycling companies in Europe. The joint mission of ECI and ICA is to bring together the copper industry to develop and defend markets for copper and to make a positive contribution to society’s sustainable-development goals.
The Advocacy Support Manager/Junior Manager will assist the ECI Chief Executive and Program Directors in developing and implementing a structured, impactful advocacy strategy for the copper industry in Europe, to increase its visibility and recognition with policymakers and influencers.
- To participate in the development of a high-level story line presenting (1) the economic and societal contribution of the copper industry in Europe; (2) the challenges faced by the industry in the context of the EU Green Deal and (3) the concrete proposals from the industry in addressing these challenges.
- To actively contribute to the development and maintenance of a solid network of stakeholders, with priority on policymakers (European Commission, European Parliament, Member States’ permanent representations).
- To organize high-impact events that promote the visibility and credibility of ECI with key stakeholders.
- To coordinate communication activities around the position of the copper industry in Europe with the Chief Executive, the external media consultant and the ICA global Communications team.
- To support ECI’s Chief Executive and Program Directors in advocacy engagement activities such as high level meetings and speaking opportunities
- To provide back up to the ECI Management Assistant on an ad-hoc basis.
Required work and skills experience:
- Master degree in Public Affairs, European Affairs, Communications or other relevant field.
- Previous experience in an advocacy or communications role, with the European institutions, a trade association, a Public Affairs consultancy or similar organisation.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Strong organizational capabilities, also in the field of events.
- Professional communication skills (written and oral).
- Perfect command of English.
- Good knowledge of the functioning of the EU institutions.
- Experience in social media and website content management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Team player.
- Proactive approach – “spirit of initiative”.
- Flexibility, readiness to adapt to fast-changing agendas.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
Why should you apply to this position:
- High level of exposure towards diverse internal & external stakeholders.
- High degree of independence and creativity on the different responsibilities.
- Ability to collaborate with different units and team members.
- Good training opportunities.
- Competitive package and benefits depending on the experience.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and a letter of motivation to Sebastien Bechara at firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating “ECI – Advocacy Support” as the subject of your e-mail.
The position is open until filled. While there is no deadline to apply, interested candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible due to assessment on a rolling basis.
Starting Date as soon as possible