About the Association
Vanitec is the Vanadium International Technical Committee, an organisation supported by the global vanadium industry and other companies with an interest in vanadium technology. Their mission is to promote the technical and economic benefits of vanadium and thereby increase consumption in existing and developing applications including steel, titanium alloys and chemicals.
About the position
The EU Advocacy and Communications Manager will be responsible for the development, formulation and implementation of an EU advocacy and communications strategy to increase the standing/awareness of and reduce regulatory and legislative risks to vanadium among European legislators, authorities and the public. They will advocate and promote the benefits of Vanadium for Europe, especially within the European Green Deal strategy, and the performance of the Vanadium Industry overall. As part of a global team managed by the CEO, they will regularly coordinate with the existing Vanitec Market Development Committee (MDC) and Energy Storage Committee (ESC). In addition, due to worldwide and ECHA regulatory pressures on certain vanadium compounds, they will work closely as a member of the Vanitec Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Committee, bringing the EU perspective into the global regulatory discussions.
The formulation and implementation of communications and advocacy strategy focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification of important cooperation partners and stakeholders.
- Understanding of the current risks and opportunities for vanadium as identified by the MDC, ESC, and HSE Committees.
- Development of EU and EU member-state intelligence, opportunities, interests and prospects covering government, major development stakeholders (users, customers, NGOs, etc.).
- Mapping of key interlocutors across the EU institutions and, when relevant, the government and ministries on the EU member-state level.
- Execution of the advocacy and communication related activities including direct outreach and meetings, coordination with MDC/ESC/HSE Committees and Vanitec’s marketing & public relations firm, and other necessary outreach channels.
Requirements for the position
- Solid advocacy experience in an international organization, including strategy development and network.
- Knowledge of health, safety & environment policies, strategies and programs within EU including the Green Deal.
- Knowledge of EU policy frameworks and institutions.
- Experience in delivering advocacy impact at the EU level, as well as at national level as needed, leveraging the interplay between the two levels.
- Experience in developing and managing international advocacy projects and campaigns
- Experience in steering stakeholders engagement to develop joint advocacy positions, messages and plans.
- Experience in forging and driving key partnerships for greater advocacy impact.
- Strong communication, leadership, and strategic management skills.
- Positive outlook, proactive attitude, persistence and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a global team, yet be self-sufficient as the sole presence in Brussels.
How to apply
You can apply by sending your CV and a cover letter to Sebastien Bechara at email@example.com indicating ‘Manager – Vanitec’ in the subject line.
The position is open until filled. While there is no deadline to apply, interested candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible due to assessment on a rolling basis.
Starting Date as soon as possible
Mavens of many backgrounds
At Mavence, our mission is to deliver the best talent in public affairs. Inclusion is a core element of that mission, reflecting not just our belief that diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences strengthen the resilience, adaptability, and performance of a team, but our commitment to far-reaching and insight-driven searches that look beyond superficial metrics to find the best person for a particular job. We treat all candidates equally regardless of gender, age, ethnic origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, and political or religious beliefs.