About the Association
EuLA, the European Lime Association, was set up in 1990 to provide sector-based representation for the European lime industry before the European institutions.
As the voice of the European lime sector, EuLA provides technical, scientific and administrative support to its members. EuLA supports realising the vision of the lime sector. It exists to defend the interests of the European lime producers at a European level and support its members to their national objectives driven by a unique voice.
Key areas of responsibility
They will provide specific support to:
- Technical/scientific support to EU regulatory issues related to climate change, energy, environment, air emissions.
- Technical/scientific support to the European Lime Industry Association on issues impacting the lime industry.
- Relations and advocacy with EU institutions, trade organizations, institutes, and industry experts.
The position also involves:
- Analysis of regulation, drafting of position papers, technical files, and meeting reports.
- Coordinating EuLA positions with the members and advocacy with relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to deal with a high level of technicality on industry issues.
- Project management and coordination of task forces.
Experience and Education
- University degree (e.g. degree in science, economy, or equivalent).
- Previous experience in the field of environment, climate change policies, and energy.
- Ability to build a network with stakeholders testified by successful track records in advocacy and networking at the EU level.
- Excellent communication skills: Diplomatic, flexible, assertive.
- Interest and experience in EU initiatives, legislation, and regulatory processes.
- Rigorous, efficient, and with excellent analytical, drafting, and organizational skills;
- Fluency in English. French or German is an asset;
- Strong, result-oriented personality with excellent organisational, communication & presentation skills.
- Ability to easily engage peers, external groups and international bodies.
- Efficient in communication with colleagues, members, and EU policymakers.
- Project management skills, proactive, able and willing to take initiatives.
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to function effectively under pressure.
- Flexible and a good team player.
- Commitment to pursuing excellence and taking initiative.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), etc.
What EuLA offers
- A challenging job within a dynamic and motivated team in an international industrial environment.
- Direct interaction with industry experts & decision-makers.
- Continuous internal and external trainings.
- A competitive salary package.
Candidates are requested to send their CV and cover letter to Sebastien Bechara at firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, mention “EuLA – Adviser Climate & Energy” in the subject-line of the email message.
Starting date as soon as possible