Cambre is a Brussels based EU advocacy and communications consultancy that brings a collaborative approach to government relations, public affairs and public relations to anticipate and manage their clients’ policy and reputation needs. Cambre is part of SECNewgate, a global agency which uses strategic communications, advocacy and research to drive positive change.
Key areas of responsibility
They will be responsible for advising clients, analysing and reporting on policy and legislative developments. S/He will work on the development and implementation of advocacy programmes for clients active in these sectors. In addition, S/He will organise and participate in a range of meetings, events, communication campaigns.
They will provide more specific support to:
- Identifying, monitoring and providing thorough analysis of EU initiatives in the energy, transport and environmental fields and their impact for clients;
- Identifying and flagging new issues, threats and opportunities;
- Advising on and developing public policy strategies;
- Implementing government relations and meeting programmes;
- Drafting position papers as well as other public affairs materials and tools;
- Delivering presentations to clients;
- Organising and attending events, conferences;
- Coordinating campaigns with communications and media teams;
- Participating in marketing and business development.
Experience/Education & Skills
- University level education;
- Very good understanding of the EU sustainability policy (energy, transport, environment, etc.);
- Solid experience with excellent knowledge of EU policy-making;
- Good understanding of communications (digital, media, creative) and how this relates to public policy campaigns;
- Very good analytical skills;
- Excellent drafting skills in English, ability to tailor narratives to different audiences;
- Good understanding of communications (digital, media, creative) and their importance for public policy campaigns;
- Strong organisational and project management skills;
- Able to work independently and in teams;
- Experience in managing and coaching junior staff;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
What Cambre offers
- A challenging job within a dynamic and motivated team in an international environment.
- Direct interaction with key accounts/clients.
- A competitive salary package.