A globally renowned and award-winning public affairs/communications agency and its EU sustainability practice are looking for experienced public affairs professionals to join their growing Brussels practice in the capacity of either an account director, a senior account director or a director.
We are looking for an experienced EU Public Affairs professional with a background of working on environmental/sustainability topics, but also topics such as energy, circular economy, climate change and chemicals.
In this senior position, you will:
- Provide strategic advice on the European Green Deal to a wide range of clients including multinational blue-chip companies, international organisations and EU institutions;
- Act as a day-to-day point of contact for clients;
- Direct and support client advocacy;
- Develop and implement integrated public affairs campaigns on EU policy issues in Brussels and across EU member states;
- Manage overall quality and delivery of work on multiple accounts in a dynamic, fast- paced environment;
- Oversee client budgets, business strategy and optimise client profitability;
- Play an important role in leading and/or supporting new business opportunities; and
- Manage, develop, inspire, and motivate team members.
- Substantial and proven experience in EU public affairs, notably in a consultancy, industry or in a trade association;
- Knowledge and keen interest in EU sustainability policy and decision-making processes, with a focus on the European Green Deal, notably chemicals and ideally one of the following policy topics: circular economy, energy, climate;
- Ideally: knowledge of EU and international chemicals policy, notably classification and labeling, REACH (Restrictions and Authorisations), UN Conventions;
- A strong network of contacts with EU policymakers, the media and with the business community on sustainability issues;
- Experience in people management;
- Experience in client and budget management;
- Familiarity with digital and social campaigns is an advantage; and
- Excellent spoken and written English – other languages are a plus.
- A full-time exciting and challenging job in an energetic, professional and fun international environment;
- The opportunity to exercise leadership and shape a large team of sustainability professionals by owning the role;
- Enormous potential for both, personal growth and professional growth within the agency;
- Working with global market leaders on a range of fascinating accounts and interesting brands;
- A competitive salary package with a range of extra perks, from car allowance and pension plan to full DKV insurance as well as many other benefits.