EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. EY helps clients create long-term value for all stakeholders. Enabled by data and technology, its services and solutions provide trust through assurance and help clients transform, grow and operate. At EY, the purpose is building a better working world. The insights and services EY provides help to create long-term value for clients, people and society, and to build trust in the capital markets.
EY employs more than 300,000 people worldwide and has one million alumni who form a powerful network. It hires and develops the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world.
EY is looking for a Senior Consultant with a background in economics and regulation, preferably related to air transport industry, in order to expand its EU Infrastructure Team. EY’s Strategy and Transactions (SaT) offers strategic advice to both private and public clients. Within the Valuation, Modelling and Economics department, the EU Infrastructure Team, in particular, provides advisory services in the fields of transport, energy and sustainable infrastructure to the EU Institutions.
- Working as a SaT expert in a team of professionals dedicated to providing services to the EU Institutions, mainly the European Commission (DG MOVE)
- Working directly with clients and stakeholders (incl. working level meetings, workshops, stakeholder consultation meetings)
- Being responsible for the supervision and delivery of research papers, quantitative analyses for economic regulation, cost/benefit analyses, operational efficiency, analysis of value chain and sector assessments of the transport industry, impact assessments and other consulting assignments for EU Institutions
- Being responsible for the project management of assignments involving team members based throughout the EU, within and outside the EY network of offices
- Supporting the contractual management of projects awarded to EY and in the compliance of internal procedures/policies
- Additional tasks:
- Leading and coaching project team
- Reviewing work of junior colleagues (including workbooks, models and reports)
- Supporting in go-to-market initiatives
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration / Management, or related fields (preferably with focus on air transport)
- Knowledge of micro and macroeconomics, industrial organization, accounting, economic regulation
- Knowledge of quantitative research and analysis methodologies
- >3 years of professional experience (preferably in the aviation and air traffic management) in at least one of the following fields: EU transport policy and legislation, sectoral regulation of network industries, competition law & economics
- Excellent managerial and organizational skills, flexibility and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of English with good drafting skills
Why you should be interested in this position:
- Join a dynamic team of experts who will offer you support, coaching and feedback
- Get opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career – EY offers extensive trainings, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management;
- EY is proud to be offering flexible working arrangements and supporting its people in building a successful career and delivering excellent client service without sacrificing personal priorities.
- EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Its comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development. You can select benefits that suit your needs such as holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings etc.
Mavens of many backgrounds
At Mavence, our mission is to deliver the best talent in public affairs. Inclusion is a core element of that mission, reflecting not just our belief that diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences strengthen the resilience, adaptability, and performance of a team, but our commitment to far-reaching and insight-driven searches that look beyond superficial metrics to find the best person for a particular job. We treat all candidates equally regardless of gender, age, ethnic origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, and political or religious beliefs.