About Red Flag:
World-leading strategic communications, public affairs and campaigns agency, Red Flag, is inviting applications from talented and ambitious candidates for the role of Head of EU Affairs, a Senior Management role as leader of Red Flag’s thriving Brussels office.
Red Flag is a multi-award-winning agency that has transformed how businesses, associations and non-profits strategise, communicate and influence.
Founded in 2013, Red Flag has grown rapidly in stature and reputation, and it now represents and advises the biggest companies, coalitions and industry associations across the globe from its offices in Dublin, Brussels, London, Washington DC and Cape Town.
Red Flag specialises in designing and executing integrated campaigns to address sensitive and business critical issues. The team at Red Flag understands how to run advocacy campaigns, combining traditional public affairs with campaigning disciplines including strategic communications, digital advocacy, ‘grassroots’ and alliance building. The team has successfully built cross-industry coalitions to promote new solutions, protect and enhance reputations and defend its clients’ freedom to operate. Red Flag’s EU Affairs team has significant expertise in the fields of technology, sustainability, health and agriculture, particularly in relation to sensitive and highly political files.
Red Flag’s expert campaigners are recognised as amongst the most creative, diligent and dedicated consultants in their industry, and work hand-in-hand with the most interesting and exciting clients to conceive and execute multi-disciplinary and innovative campaigns that win.
Red Flag is now seeking like-minded, energetic and motivated candidates for a key leadership role in the agency. This is an excellent and exciting opportunity to join the talented team of former government advisers, senior diplomats, journalists, multinational executives and expert political and strategy consultants.
The Head of EU Affairs will sit on Red Flag’s Senior Management Team and will lead Red Flag’s EU Public Affairs, Strategic Communications and Campaigns team based in Brussels. They will manage the agency’s team of EU Affairs experts, and lead major client projects across strategic communications, public affairs and campaigns. They will be an experienced client advisor and strategist, with a strong track record of delivering results for clients.
The Head of EU Affairs will take the lead in promoting Red Flag’s unique, integrated offering at EU level. They will be responsible for developing the business and generating new client projects, and achieving revenue targets. They will represent Red Flag’s culture and ethos externally, and lead the development and growth of its talented EU team.
Red Flag prides itself on being an industry-leading employer. The agency has an established policy of promoting from within and provides a staff development programme and clear pathways to promotion, as well as generous staff benefits and incentives. These include hybrid working, a paid external mentorship programme, annual company and personal performance-based bonuses and incentives for winning new business.
This specific position is offered for a Head of EU Affairs to be based in Red Flag’s office in Brussels. Some international travel may be required.
Ideal candidate profile:
The successful candidate will be:
- Required to manage and drive the growth of Red Flag’s Brussels office and EU Affairs offering.
- Expected to plan, develop and manage budgets, work goals, measurements, and training requirements necessary to provide the best service to clients.
- Entrusted to lead major client projects with the timely development and execution of plans, campaigns and projects.
- A trusted counsellor for clients and the constant liaison between them and Red Flag’s multi-disciplinary teams and management.
- A key member of the Red Flag Senior Management Team, tasked with providing leadership to the entire business, developing company strategy, management of teams and upholding Red Flag’s values and company vision.
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in leading teams of communications, public affairs and campaigns professionals, managing budgets
- Exceptional client-handling skills with experience managing large accounts.
- Proven ability to foster and maintain long-term relationships with senior clients and contacts.
- Demonstrable experience in pitching, negotiation and generating new business.
- Experience in project management, budgeting, reporting and performance evaluation.
- A strong understanding of the intersection between politics, media and business, and experience in executing integrated multidisciplinary campaigns.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including fluent English. Additional languages are an advantage.
- Experience in some of the following sectors – Technology, Sustainability, Health, Food & Agriculture – is an advantage.
- Experience in media relations is an advantage.
Mavens of many backgrounds
At Mavence, our mission is to deliver the best talent in public affairs. Inclusion is a core element of that mission, reflecting not just our belief that diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences strengthen the resilience, adaptability, and performance of a team, but our commitment to far-reaching and insight-driven searches that look beyond superficial metrics to find the best person for a particular job. We treat all candidates equally regardless of gender, age, ethnic origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, and political or religious beliefs.