*Depending on experience, the seniority of this role ranges from a Junior Consultant to that of an Account Director
About NOVE and the role
NOVE is an advisory agency in public affairs and communication in Brussels, whose work primarily consists of assisting their clients in their interactions with the EU institutions and other relevant stakeholders, e.g. via developing and implementing advocacy campaigns.
Now, NOVE is looking to recruit a bright and resourceful Consultant (from junior consultant to account director level) as they continue to expand their ICT/Tech practice, with the team already present representing a unique mix of talents, expertise, and nationalities.
This is an ideal role for a smart, motivated individual who is passionate about public affairs and communications and willing to work in a sometimes intense but always collaborative environment.
The position requires initiative, creativity, attention to detail, the ability to learn quickly and to adapt to various dynamics, the capacity to work under pressure and tight deadlines, as well as great communication skills.
You should relish the challenges of handling a mix of public affairs and communications activities in the information and communications technology (ICT) sector.
This is a long-term opportunity starting as soon as possible.
About the responsibilities
As a member of NOVE’s Digital & ICT practice, you will provide support and advice to leading corporations and associations active in the Tech/ICT sector and also contribute to the development of new business opportunities.
Main responsibilities include the following:
- Actively participating in client meetings and internal account management meetings;
- Monitoring, gathering intelligence and providing analysis of EU policies and legislation impacting the ICT/tech sector;
- Managing projects conducted for clients, with the support of more senior and junior staff;
- Researching and drafting background notes;
- Attending and reporting on external meetings;
- Providing support for the organisation of meetings and events;
- Supporting our business development and marketing strategy.
About the expectations
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous and proven work experience, notably on digital/ICT/Tech issues;
- Experience in Public Affairs, either in-house or in a consultancy, is a strong asset;
- Experience in EU Institutions is an asset;
- Knowledge of and interest in the EU decision-making process and stakeholder environment in the ICT/Tech sector;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Working knowledge of one or more European languages is an asset;
- Strong collaboration skills and a positive, can-do attitude;
- Proven project management experience is a requirement.